Monday, February 1, 2010

It is like that time my other half insisted that he wanted dreadlocks. I spent two days teasing and rolling, and let it be known before I continue this story that I am not a fan of dreadlocks. I sported them myself, back in the 90s and my opinion is firm when I say that is where they should stay. Anyway, I wanted this objectionable little fellow to have the hair of his dreams so I teased and rolled until I had to double dose the anti inflammatories for my tendonitis. Three days later he combed them out.
What is the moral of this story? No matter how badly you want something, sometimes it just doesn't turn out the way you imagined it.
That is what happened to me today. It's not that symmetrical hair looks bad on me, in fact it's really quite nice, but the problem is that 'nice' isn't really what I shoot for in day to day life. This new hair I used is long. It's really long, and it has lovely waves and a gorgeous shine... but I just feel a little bit too Ashlee bloody Simpson.
I'll sleep on it... mostly because I can't be bothered to take it all out of one side right now, but tomorrow the right side comes out. My mind is made up. I think I'll extend that side to about jaw length though... baby steps.
The real tragedy of this story though is that I cut off my tail. Yes, you read that right. I. Cut. Off. The. Tail. And I can't just put a new one in, because if there's one thing I feel strongly about it's faking a tail.
We shall see how strongly I feel about that in another week or so...
Anyway, I would post a picture, but I don't want anyone zooming in and giggling to themselves about how teen rocker I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment