Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Here's a couple of quick snapshots of what I've been working on today. I can never decide whether with or without flash is better for these type of sub-standard situations, but anyway...
The second is with the epaulets, I'm not really sure what occasion would warrant that level of accessorising, but I'd be the first to show up and the last one to leave. The first is just to show the chain detail. I might put another one, I haven't decided yet. It's hard to see in the pictures, but this material is really dark purple snake textured faux leather. The colour is great. Really muddy and sludgy looking. Obviously it's just pinned to the mannequin, I haven't put a fastening at the neck yet, I'll probably use a lobster claw, like for a necklace.


Also, this is Pieface helping me sew, just so you know the kind of hardships I have to put up with while I'm working.

I tried to find some pictures of the kind of stuff that led me to make a detached collar in the first place because I never save anything, but you try searching for 'leather collar' and see what happens.. yeah, go on and try it. Those are the kind of images you stumble accidentally upon, they cannot be searched for (the ones I wanted I mean, not the ones I got).
We had snowstorm Mk2 today. Yesterday I ran around in a state of panic getting supplies for the next few days because I'll be snowed in again, at least as far as heavy items like cat litter and stuff go. My little car is now parked safely up a side street under about 2 more feet of snow. I prefer the sidestreets in snowy weather because the ploughs are big and clumsy and I can't fold my mirrors in. Anyway, it looks the same out there as the last pictures I posted, except it's a lot deeper because the last lot hadn't melted yet.

2 comments:

  1. Those are very awesome, particularly the epaulets. Do you wear this sort of thing out? I think it looks great on the model but am doubting I could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think pulling it off is all about the attitude, you just have to want it!
    I only make things that I would personally wear, I'm selfish like that :)

    ReplyDelete