Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh Schoenemans, I will never cheat on you again. Yesterday they were closed so I was checking all the *other* beauty supply stores in town, the ones where civilians are allowed to shop. I stop in at Old Faithful and what do I find? That's right. Essie; Matte About You. So, tomorrow is mani/pedi day.
Only a couple of days ago I answered a question on my Formspring page expressing consternation at the notion of red-less hair, and so it seems ironic that last night, I should be so deep in thought while mixing my colour that I got the ratio wrong.
I succeeded in colouring it about 4 shades darker than usual, and much more violet than red.
Thing is, I don't hate it.
Sometimes I feel like a target in the summer, not so much in the winter, but with the sun beating down on my teased red dome I think I attract more attention than I want. I know what you're thinking, most people think the same; not so. Expecting something and wanting it are two entirely different concepts.
(But that's a subject for another day)
Anyway, I'm still not giving out my old formula, we redheads guard that secret closely and, indeed, I may resurrect it again, but for now I think I will go with the mistake... one could say that is the story of my life, even.
I did buy some Cellophanes in Hot Red though to give it more of a glow.

P.S. fuck you, T&N. Guess where I won't be buying my booze after I get back to Brooklyn?


No comments:

Post a Comment