Sunday, January 31, 2010

I stopped by a bead store here in the city today, found it useless. I was hoping for lots of chains. They did actually have chain, but it was just beyond overpriced, I am once again driven back to the internet. I can find everything I need online, but sometimes it's nice to have that tactile shopping experience. I don't know if the internet is to blame for this, or just less people are interested in crafts these days, but I find it more and more difficult to get the stuff I need in actual stores. Oh well...
I also sent some of my pictures off to a photographer(s assistant). Seems I may be in some sort of book, I usually say no to this kind of stuff, I prefer to keep a low profile, and I'm hopelessly awkward in front of cameras anyway, but I was browsing his portfolio, and he has photographed Dolly F*****G Parton! That was enough, I am sold. To be in the presence of someone who has captured the divine essence of Miss Parton... well, you should know that this is enough to render me incapable of, pretty much everything. Which is ok, all I'll have to do is sit there and look pretty. Presumably.
Anyway, here's a couple of badly lit shots (really have to improve my lighting situation!) of what I've been working on today, and also Dolly Parton performing the classic Jolene. She's just so cute I can't stand it! She's also a very smart businesswoman, a classy lady, her Playboy cover shot is as risque as you'll find her, and married to the same man for all these years. She is also now an official American Treasure. I have no idea what that means, but I like it!
I'm off to drink some tea and see what kind of Dolly action I can get on Netflix now...






No comments:

Post a Comment