Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am really into these medical themed shoes made by Gwendolyn Huskens. They were created to explore the taboos associated with physical deformities, but... all that aside I just like them and feel a DIY coming on. Of course I'd want to make them in grey or black, it's easy to get black stretch bandages, if not for human intent then for pursuits more equine.
Black band-aids however, may be a little more tricky. Apparently there used to be a company called Ebon-aide that made varying shades of brown band aids, up to and including black. I say 'used to be' because they don't seem to exist anymore (which is a whole other issue in and of itself) all I could find available for purchase was some made from pressed black leather by Scott Amron, which would set me back $15-$18 for three. And then, obviously there's the fact that they are, y'know, leather.




No comments:

Post a Comment